Volunteers are just that volunteers. Even the very top level members of our department are “unpaid.”
OK, so what’s in it for me?
- Our biggest offering is a sense of pride and belonging. Knowing that you make a difference in your community and for your family and friends
- Security in knowing that if something happens you or someone else will be there to help
- Gateway for paid service and jobs in the Fire and EMS fields
- Insurance coverage
- Tuition Assistance
- First Responder Discounts
- Specialized Training and Valuable Skills Development
We have a job for everyone! Here are just a few ideas:
- Fire Suppression
- Emergency Medical Services
- Search and Rescue
- Traffic Incident Management
- Fire and Life Safety Educator
- Public Information and Education
- Inspections and Pre-Incident Planning
- Public Relations
- Events Coordinator
- Safety Officer
Anyone under the age of 18 may join as a Junior Firefighter. Junior firefighters can train with us and help in various ways around the department. Junior Firefighters above the age of 16 can help on scene with a parent or legal guardian in reserved and controlled non-emergency capacity.
Serving your community is a great way to bond as a family while doing something good!